To address multiple items improving efficiency in state government, including implementing enterprise shared services and adopting standards and guidelines.
The primary components of this initiative are the implementation of shared services and the development of standards and guidelines.
Shared Services: The State Government Council has identified a number of potential shared services for state government. Action items are included for those services that are actively being reviewed and implemented.
Standards and Guidelines: The State Government Council, working with the Technical Panel, will continue to develop standards and guidelines to better coordinate state agency technology efforts.
Benefits of this initiative include lower costs, easier interoperability among systems, greater data sharing, higher reliability, and improved services.
1. Implement Enterprise Maintenance / Purchase Agreements as a shared service.
2. Implement Geographic Information System (GIS) as a shared service
3. Explore opportunities and options relating to desktop and server virtualization in state government.
4. The State Government Council working with the Technical Panel will continue to develop standards and guidelines to better coordinate state agency technology efforts.
5. Review issues and determine process for maintaining an inventory of non- education state government technology assets, including hardware, applications, and databases.
6. Provide access to OCIO electronic billing information for State agencies.
7. Move State email to the cloud.
Refer to the Statewide Technology Plan for further information.